Moving Away With Your Child

Are you a divorced parent who needs to move to another state? Fridie Law Group L.L.C. provides experienced representation to parents who need to move outside of New Jersey. Likewise, parents hoping to prevent relocation often look to us to keep another parent from leaving and avoid further child custody disputes.

Obtaining Court Approval for Parental Relocations

Parental relocation attorney James Fridie has obtained court approval for many parents who need to leave New Jersey. To move, you must either have the consent of the noncustodial parent or a court order. Courts, however, do not allow parents to move without a valid reason. To obtain approval to relocate, you have to show that there is a good-faith reason for the move and that you are not trying to be vindictive toward the noncustodial parent.

As your attorney, James Fridie will aggressively represent your rights and litigate your matter before a judge. Common examples of a good-faith reason include:

  • Obtaining new employment in another state
  • Family medical needs
  • New marriage
  • Work relocation
  • Military relocation

At our firm, we understand that your situation might change after your original child custody and child support agreements are finalized. These agreements, while important, should not prevent you from moving forward and continuing on with your life. In these instances, Mr. Fridie will also help you obtain a modification to your support and custody obligations.

Preventing Out-of-State Parental Relocations

Fridie Law Group L.L.C. also helps parents who need to prevent an ex-spouse or ex-partner from leaving New Jersey. The burden is on the parent who wants to relocate to show that the move is necessary, and courts usually frown upon moves that are meant to alienate the noncustodial parent. If you think your child's other parent lacks a sufficient reason to leave New Jersey, then let family law attorney James Fridie fight for your rights and the best interests of your child.

Looking to Move Away? Contact a Skilled Family Lawyer.

Call 856-291-0504 or contact our family law office online to schedule your free initial consultation today. (Some exclusions to the free initial consultation offer apply.) Burlington County attorney James Fridie is ready to resolve your parental relocation dispute and other family law matters. We serve people in Trenton and central and southern New Jersey.