A Probation Violation Could Result In Prison

If you have been released from prison early and granted parole, it is crucial that you understand all of the terms associated with your parole. From checking in with your parole officer on time to paying any child support you owe, failure to comply with any term can result in a parole violation and revocation, which means you may be forced to return to jail or prison.

If you are arrested on a parole violation in New Jersey, you should immediately contact our fast-acting criminal defense lawyer at Fridie Law Group L.L.C. We will do everything we can to start helping you right away.

First, we advise that while in custody, you should not make any statements or talk to anyone about the details of your alleged violation even if law enforcement or other officials promise that you will be released or treated with leniency. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to learn more about your options and how we can help you. (Some exclusions apply to the free consultation offer.)

What Happens If You Violate Parole?

A parole violation often means that you may have to return to jail or prison and serve the remainder of your original sentence. Before this happens, though, you will have to appear at a parole revocation hearing. It is crucial to have representation at this hearing to make sure your interests are protected. Attorney James Fridie has experience aggressively representing people at these types of proceedings.

At this hearing, your case will be heard by a hearing officer appointed by the State Parole Board's Revocation Hearing Unit. The hearing officer will look at the totality of the circumstances surrounding your parole violation and determine if there is "clear and convincing evidence" that you seriously and persistently violated one or more parole conditions. The hearing officer will then make a recommendation as to whether the violation was serious enough to revoke your parole and send you back to prison to serve the remainder of your term or if new parole conditions should be set.

It is also important to note that if you are convicted of another crime, you may have to serve that sentence along with the rest of your original sentence. You may have to serve these sentences consecutively, which means you would finish the term for your first conviction and then start serving the sentence for the second offense. In other situations, the two terms might be served concurrently, meaning at the same time.

Contact Our Office Immediately

Contact Fridie Law Group L.L.C. online or call 856-499-0400 to schedule your free initial consultation. (Some exclusions apply.) Our lawyer can help evaluate your case and clearly present your options to help you make important decisions about your defense. We serve people in Mount Holly and central and southern New Jersey.